TX2 Flash Downloads Failing

There are some problems when I use TX2, I want to solve it by flashing, but when downloading to TX2, there is a problem of flash burning failure, and the host used is equipped with Ubuntu18.04 system. The data cable used is not original, but it has the function of data transmission. I can detect that the TX2 device is forced into recovery mode when I use the terminal command lsusb.

Is this just a TX2 dev kit? Or does it use a third party carrier board? Flash software from NVIDIA is for the dev kit, and custom carrier boards will use much of the same flash software, although it might have some modifications. If this is a dev kit, and you go to the “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdirectory, there is a file there, “flash.sh”. Although the GUI can export logs of the flash (and you are advised to export the logs of the fail and attach them to the forum), sometimes a pure command line flash (which excludes the GUI) can say a lot. You could try (assuming it is a dev kit) to flash like this and create a log:
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt
(then attach “log_flash.txt”, plus whatever the previously exported GUI log has)

Incidentally, many “charger” cables literally have maybe 1 or 2 tiny strands of copper in the data side of the cable. These might appear to work, but often fail under any significant data transfer. My guess is that about 2 out of 3 such charger cables will fail. It is hard to find such a cable which is of reasonable quality so far as data transfer is concerned. Logs would perhaps say more since we don’t really know yet if it is a transfer error or something else.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.