[TX2 flash failed]creating gpt(ppt.img) failed

Hi, all
I was flashing L2T on TX2, but I got a problem: creating gpt(ppt.img) failed

log:

system.img built successfully. 
Existing tbcfile(/home/tolen/development/nvidia_again/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/cboot.bin) reused.
copying tbcdtbfile(/home/tolen/development/nvidia_again/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb)... done.
copying cfgfile(/home/tolen/development/nvidia_again/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_l4t_t186.xml) to flash.xml... done.
creating gpt(ppt.img)... 

*** GPT Parameters ***
device size -------------- 31276924928
bootpart size ------------ 8388608
userpart size ------------ 31268536320
Erase Block Size --------- 2097152
sector size -------------- 4096
Partition Config file ---- flash.xml
Visible partition flag --- GP1
Primary GPT output ------- PPT->ppt.img
Secondary GPT output ----- GPT->gpt.img
Target device name ------- none
partition id missing.
creating gpt(ppt.img) failed.

I searched some relevant topics on the forum. Some people had the same problem on TX1. (https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/753589/jetson-tk1/jetson-tk1-issue-with-re-flashing-the-board-and-the-mkgpt-binary-/)
But, I didn’t solve the problem follow those suggestions. Does anyone know how to handle this problem on TX2?
My command is:
sudo ./flash.sh -x -0x18 -y PKC -u …/rsa_priv.pem -S 28GiB jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | sudo tee flash_log.txt

hello Tolen4nv,

may I know more details,

1. which JetPack release you’re working on
  2. may I know your OS version of your host device

Jerry, thanks for your response.

Actually, you replied my the other topic ([Boot Secure on TX2]how to flash package on TX2 use RSA key? - Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums)

Now, this is the problem I met when I flashed on TX2 again. Do you have any suggestion?

hello Tolen4nv,

ok, you’re using Ubuntu-14.04 with Release-28.2.1.

may I have your status updates steps by steps,

1. are you able to generate fuseblob.tbz2,
sudo ./odmfuse.sh -i 0x18 -j -c PKC --noburn -k <keyfile> jetson-tx2
  1. are you able to fuse the board correctly?
  2. are you able to create system.img as below successfully,
sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash -x <chipid> -y PKC -u <keyfile> <device name> mmcblk0p1

Hi, Jerry. of course. I had generated fuseblob.tbz2 last week, but I couldn’t flash it on TX2 and I forgot to record the error log of the problem. It was a problem about communication between TX2 and PC.

I could create system.img using the follow command last week:
sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash -x -y PKC -u mmcblk0p1

I have some other things in hurry. I will try your suggestions when I have time. If I still meet problems, I will post on the forum. Thank you so much.

FYI, USB communications will fail during any flash if you use a VM for the host. Is the host a VM? If so, then extra steps are required for a VM to no lose the Jetson’s USB during re-enumeration (sorry, I am not a VM user so I don’t know what the steps are to hold ownership of a Jetson’s USB on a VM).