(Firstly this is my first time posting to a forum like this so thanks for your patience if i haven’t uploaded everything i need or I’m repeating a post, I did search).
TLDR: Past the flash stage - manually inputting the IP address, it begins ssh transferring at over 300kB/s then over the next 2 minutes the speed drops to 7kB/s and holds there with an estimated time for first .deb file of 22hrs+ then never finishes.
TX2, trying to set up for the first time, using Jetpack 3.2 with pretty much default everything - following the tutorial video essentially step-by-step.
Admittedly more than likely my problem is my old Dell dual booted Win10 + Ubuntu 16.04 that is the culprit however it seems ok in every other sense, also the router/switch from my internet provider while it’s new, it’s probably average! (like most internet infrastructure in Australia. ha).
- setup has seen every iteration (of ethernet or wifi connection) however the most success so far is ethernet cable Host ---> router <---tx2
- It failed about 8 times with "Determining IP address of target.." until I realised the flash didn't need to happen every time and could start from the uploading libraries stage. #winning :D
- The transfer starts promising at high speed then drops to worse than dial-up. Would you guess it's a problem with the SSH connection? An IT guru at work thinks it may be because SSH encrypts then decrypts and it could be a bottleneck?
- Would I be better off loading the essentials like cuDNN etc directly from the TX2 using its wifi to the internet? If so would someone please point me in the direction of how to do this?
- It's difficult to find a how-to-setup guide in a worst case scenario like this when Jetpack dies so close to the finish line.
Thanks for your time.
Am so keen to get into this.