TX2 JP3.3 L4T not showing post-boot GUI

Hi Folks,

During normal work, I was looking to shut down the TX2, using it sudo shutdown command. For some reason that shutdown did not go well.

When I reboot TX2, I see that it is not showing post-boot L4T GUI. There are no default icons there on screen. No taskbar on side. I am not able to open up a terminal. However the system seems very much alive, mouse moves and I am able to normally ssh into box from my ubuntu host. I am able to shutdown from ubuntu host too.

Any idea what could be wrong ? How to fix this. I hate to reinstall JP, as I have lot of dependencies set up / installed.

Thanks

After ssh, do all files show “ok” for:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

Also, if and only if all files from the previous command were “ok”, save a copy of “/var/log/Xorg.0.log”, but renamed with a “.txt” file name extension, and post that here? You can attach that to an already existing post…if you hover the mouse over the upper right corner of your existing post where the “quote” icon is, then you’ll see a paper clip icon show up. It is the paper clip icon which allows attaching files.

Also, see if it has sufficient disk space via “df -H /”.

Hi Linuxdev

Thanks for your help. It turned out to be case of insufficient disk space as you suspected. However before I could figure out, I had reinstalled ubuntu desktop. The system seems ok.

Thanks