TX2 modify the display time

Hi,
Thank you very much, I tried, but it didn’t work
The steps are as follows:
sudo -s
touch -t 202208191640 /var/lib/systemd/timesync/clock
stat /var/lib/systemd/timesync/clock
The access time and change time are both 2022-08-19 16:40:00.000000000 +0800
poweroff. disconnect the power supply and then power it on again.
It still shows 2021.7.22
Is there a problem with my procedure?

Hi,

That is the normal behavior of systemd-timesyncd.
We’ve confirmed this is directly from ubuntu upstream rootfs. Thus, there is nothing we can help here.

You can write a service in each reboot to write a hardcoded value you want.

Hi,
I’m a little confused.
What “hardware value” do you mean?
Also, what are Ubuntu upstream rootfs?

你現在在用的Ubuntu是從upstream ubuntu18.04/20.04抓下來的. 裡面有很多tool/lib不是 nvidia建出來的.而是ubuntu那邊直接提供的.

你現在這個系統時間是由一個叫systemd-timesyncd的service 負責的. 之所以為何會一直跑到一個"hardcoded-value"(寫死的時間), 也是因為這個service提供的規定. 由於這個service不是我們提供的, 對於它的行為我們無法幫助.

NVIDIA didn’t build the whole" ubuntu" by ourself. There must be some tools that are directly from the Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 directly. That is what we call “Ubuntu upstream”.

There is a “systemd-timesyncd” which handles how the time would be decided. The reason why you always see that value is due the the rule from that service.

Hi,
I see.
For writing a service, do you have relevant links?
If so, please send it to me. Thank you very much for your support.

其實沒有特別的… 因為看來你只是要設定一個你想要的固定時間, 所以你可以就每次開機起來就用timedatectl去設定一次時間之類的…

那每次開機起來要怎樣跑script基本上就有很多方法… 你可以搜尋ubutnu常用的那幾種… rc.local/systemd之類的

Actually there is nothing special, it seems you just want to set a fixed time, so actually you can just run a script to use timedatectl to set time everytime.

As for how to run a script in each reboot, there are lots of ways in ubuntu and you can search it online… e.g. rc.local or systemd.

1 Like

Hi,
I see. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.