Tx2 not support rtl8125

hard info: tx2 with develop kit, mini PCIe convert to PCIe, mPCIe Realtek8125B NIC.
soft info:L4T r28.3.1 Jetpack3.3.1
issue:the rtl8125 nic cannot be recognized by tx2. cmd lspci return is blank this moment.
The convert card is normal when i changed another mPCIe device, also the rtl8125nic is normal when insert to another pc with ubuntu16 OS.
It seems that TX2 is not compatible with rtl8125,how can i fix the problem.

This isn’t actually a driver issue. The lspci must succeed prior to any driver being possible. PCIe itself tends to not show a device if either (A) the device is not booted when PCIe scans (not an issue for your type of hardware), or if (B) there is a signal quality issue (this is likely). Basically the Jetsons and most any Linux computer will fully support any modern Realtek NIC if it is detected.

What you’ll need to do is get a full serial console boot log to see what it says about PCI detection in earlier stages prior to Linux itself running.

thks for your reply, the log as following

IMG_9404
log.txt (59.5 KB)

The log will not work for this case. It only reports what went on once Linux loaded, but PCI started working in boot stages before Linux ever began. You’ll need a serial console boot log since dmesg does not have the required information.

Why is a TX2 developer kit is running PCIe x2,x1,x1 configuration? The one running on devkit should be x4, x0 and x1.

Are you sure this is devkit?

Hi Wayne,
Yes,I’m using tx2 devkit,I’m sure that. the x2,x1,x1 configuration is used to adaptation our carrier board by modified dts file. but now,this is not the point, the focus is why the special nic (8125)cannot be showned up in lspci. and another mPCIe device (AR9485)is worked normal.

Hi linuxdev,
I’m sorry for made a mistake, this one maybe right.
log2.txt (165.5 KB)

Thanks.

Can someone from NVIDIA please help?

Yes, we can help. Please flash your devkit back to default jetpack, plug in the device, boot up and dump the dmseg + lspci -vvv

1 Like

I don’t know for sure the significance, but the boot stages prior to Linux do not mention PCI. Power rails to PCI are shown as enabled only once the Linux kernel runs. Possibly this is an error in device tree. I am thinking power rails and PCI might be intended to run prior to Linux starting, and this in turn is based on device tree.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.