TX2 READMEmassflash.txt in LinuxforTegra

Hi,
I came across README_Massflash.txt, but I did not get how it is useful in mass flashing?
we need number of Linux host machines = No, of Jetson boards right?

How does it differ from cloning and using system.img

Hi jk.t,

No, you could use one host to flash multiple device. The capability is up to your host usb port.

Dear Wayne,
Could you please provide more details?

1. What you mean by USB host capabilities?
  2. How it differ from clone operation?

Hi

1. What you mean by USB host capabilities?

USB hub on your host may have bandwidth limitations and cause the # of devices got limited too.

1. How it differ from clone operation?

It is similar but the key point is to help you flash multiple boards “simultaneously”. Old “flash.sh” only supports to flash one device per time.

Ok, kindly clarify all the points below. Thnx.

So if I use a external USB hub with 4 ports + 3 USB ports inbuilt in Host PC then can I flash all the 7 devices simultaneously. ? Is my understanding correct?
Or only Host PC ports are supported? = 3 devices can be simultaneously flashed in this case.?

So flash.sh and massflashgen.sh does the same job except the number of boards supported. Is that correct?
May I can use the massglashgen.sh for flashing 1 board? (replacing flash.sh for my use)

Hi,

So if I use a external USB hub with 4 ports + 3 USB ports inbuilt in Host PC then can I flash all the 7 devices simultaneously. ? Is my understanding correct?
Or only Host PC ports are supported? = 3 devices can be simultaneously flashed in this case.?

Actually, I don’t know. But I guess the hub is not recommended here. Some hosts actually use usb hub on their design too. I remember this may cause problem but apparently this is out of the scope of tegra.

So flash.sh and massflashgen.sh does the same job except the number of boards supported. Is that correct?
May I can use the massglashgen.sh for flashing 1 board? (replacing flash.sh for my use)

Yes, it can flash one board but it is not as fast as flash.sh when it is one-board case.