TX2 serial port not working....

VDD in according to sequence…

but serial port TX only High, not switching…

and i want to know that TX2 module wake-up check point…

and reset_out_L don’t working…

Thanks.

Sorry, I don’t fully understand the question. If this is a custom board a lot changes. If not a custom board, then the particular hardware connector/pin numbers need to be mentioned. J17 custom application? J21 serial console?

Thanks for your answer…

Check plz…

VDD_in : ok
Vin_PWR_BAD# : ok
Power_BTN# : ok
Carrier_pwr_on : ok
Carrier board vdd_1V8 : ok
and Reset_out# : ok…

but J21 serial port only high (not switching)

i think, TX2 module is not working…

but i don’t know check point & why not working…

1 more question…

For Reset_out line check…

remove R322 / D16 / R28 but this line is high…

I can’t answer the individual pin questions. It may be useful to know if this module has been flashed since a raw module not from a dev kit will be completely blank until flashed. If the module has been flashed, then the version of L4T would be of use. If not, then you’ll need to flash first before testing serial console.

If your board has the micro-USB connector, then trying to go to recovery mode would be a good test if the basic power on is correct. Even an unflashed/empty Jetson would be able to go to recovery mode if it is powered up correctly.

Thanks, your answer…

Another power is ok…another problem…

Micro-USB connector is not working…

when power booting that D+/D- is working (a little time.)

and D+ is High / D- is Low…

I think that CPU can’t detect USB port…

i need to your help, check point (USB & CPU)

Your custom board will probably need device tree changes, but someone from NVIDIA will have to help on that since I have not worked on custom carriers.

Thanks for your answer…but i don’t understand…

our carrier board have 4BTN (power, sleep, reset, recovery),

so i think that we can entry recovery mode (recovery-power-reset).

when host pc connect VBUS, ID pin is high and D+ & D- pin send signal but it will not work soon.
(High / Low)

i want to explain for device tree change…

check plz.

Sorry, I don’t have an exact answer. Hopefully what follows will get you started.

Here is some generic information on working with a device tree:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1037131/jetson-tx1/does-anybody-know-how-to-enable-and-program-an-spi-protocol-on-the-tx1-/post/5269528/#5269528[/url]

There are multiple ways any given SoC can be configured as to which pin goes to what function (controller). Options exist even when the same function always uses the same controller, e.g., some controllers allow using lanes in reverse order if told to. I don’t know what it is in your system which is causing the issues, but chances are quite high that some invalid option configuration using device tree is responsible. The same device tree which works on one carrier will not work on other carriers unless everything is an exact match.

The main documentation download URL is here, but you have to log in, and then click on the link a second time or the downloads won’t show up:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads[/url]

If under “Product” you check “Jetson TX2”, then under “Hardware” you check “Design” some guides will show up. The OEM Product Design Guide will cover some of the topics of customizing for a new carrier board.

If you then also search for “pinmux” you’ll see a spreadsheet which (if you enable macros) will allow you to customize device tree. You will need to be sure your carrier follows design guide and pinmux for the various pins to have the correct function.