My house has been struck by lightning and got electrical and phone networks involved that burnt various devices. Not only my brand new host, but my TX2 has also been damaged, visually at least the M3295NL isolation chip has burnt:
The HDMI monitor that was connected to TX2 HDMI is out of order.
The TX2 boots, the serial console still works, USB seems ok, but I face the following weird things:
- Periodic traces in kernel logs of ethernet saying link becomes up or down
- HDMI devices not working…many I2C errors traces. It seems the correct EDID is read, but most of the time the monitor remains black, sometimes it shows a weird image flashing for a few seconds and lose signal.
- Sometimes it seems to detect SD card while none is inserted.
- Any attempt to run nvcamera-deamon results in crash.
- Last, the TX2 module fans runs (at 80/255) while it didn’t use to run. Internal temperatures are about 45 celsius degrees.
So I come to these questions:
1 - I’m not confident, but is there a chance that the TX2 module is still ok ?
2 - If yes, is it possible to order the carrier board only ?
3 - If not, is there any chance that removing the burnt chip may improve ?
4 - I also have a TX1 kit with an old carrier board (without red LEDs). I had once swapped carrier boards/modules and it was working. Is there a risk that plugging the TX2 module on it can damage the carrier board ?
Thanks for any help