u-boot customization in NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features Release 32.3 | December...

Hi Terry,

Sorry that I don’t get “Appears your documentation is wrong and your source code does not even reproduce your release.”.

What is reproduced here? The boot splash is handled in cboot and has nothing to do with the u-boot.
Please do point out what problem you have and the steps you tried.

For example, you could tell us how you hit error in comment #17.

so what part of the first line of #17 do you not understand “so after I rebuilt u-boot I ran flash.sh”
based on your the documentation.

That explains how I hit the error in #17.

Please point me to the cboot documentation on how to change the splash screen.

Thanks
Terry

Hi.

so after I rebuilt u-boot I ran flash.sh

1. Do you modify anything in u-boot source?
  2. What do you put and which folder do you put this pre-built uboot?
  3. What command did you use for flash?

Please point me to the cboot documentation on how to change the splash screen.
Sorry that there is no official document for changing boot logo. You could refer to this thread for some tools.
Hello! How can I change the Nvidia boot logo to my own? - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Although unrelated to splash screen, I do see the need to be able to compile U-Boot with the same exact configuration and settings, and then flash this to demonstrate the newly compiled U-Boot has the same behavior. For splash screen though, U-Boot is too late.

I do not know if the C-boot source for R31.1 is the same as for R32.3.1 or not, but if it is, then you can log in here (hit the link a second time after login since redirect does not work) and find the R31.1 C-boot:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads#?search=cboot

I cannot answer if R31.1 C-boot source and configuration is the same as from R32.3.1.

WayneWWW,linuxdev

1. No u-boot source changed on my part, trying to build and reproduce your system.
  2. found and replace u-boot.bin in to the bootloader.
  3. Noticed that after building u-boot times and date of *dtb had changed in the bootloader directory.
  4. downloaded code to build splash screen stuff, moved it to the bootloader directory.
  5. from your documentation used sudo ./flash.sh mmcblk0p1, and used jetson-tx2 as platform.
  6. From my perspective it looks like the errors in #17 are complaining about some *.dtb that u-boot changed.
  7. I guess you could try to use the document and rebuild u-boot in parallel to me, I think you will see the same thing.

Answer for how to replace splash screen is unacceptable at this time, nvidia might want to address this, will be forwarding this to my FE to put pressure on nvidia

This is just a shot in the dark, but perhaps the size of your bootloader binary exceeded the size needed by the partition (the size increases slightly due to signing). If you compare the partition size for the bootloader to the binary file size, is the new binary able to fit in that partition?

Hi terrysu50z,

Thanks for sharing. I will try.

Hi Terry,

I don’t hit any error after rebuilt and re-flash the uboot.bin.

Please do share the detailed steps of what files and how do you replace those files.
You mentioned “dtb” in your comment but actually we don’t need any dtb update here. Just u-boot.bin.