Ubuntu does not access NVIDIA GPU on Ubuntu 20.04

I am running Ubuntu 20.04.03 (Dual-booted with Windows10) on MSI GE75Raider with an Intel UHD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060. Everything currently runs through the Intel graphics. I have tried to install the drivers 450, 460, 470 (as these appear to be the ones compatible for my GPU) by way of the additional drivers, apt-get install, .run straight from nvidia, the ppa repository (and rebooting after each install). I have followed numerous “guides” and threads with similar issues. Also my secure boot is off.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated, thank you!
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (152.9 KB)

Please try setting the kernel parameter
pci=realloc
If that doesn’t help, please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

1 Like

Setting the kernel parameter does not appear to change anything, so I’ve uploaded the bug report

Please

• switch to nvidia (sudo prime-select nvidia)
  • remove stray blacklist files (sudo rm /lib/modprobe.d/blacklist-nvidia.conf /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nvidia.conf)
  • update the initrd (sudo update-initramfs -u)
  • reboot
    If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.
1 Like

I am now able to use my gpu to use an external monitor. However I can only use the laptop screen (Intel) or the external monitor (Nvidia) by changing the prime settings, I do not seem able to use both together. Is there something I am missing to resolve that?

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log while in nvidia mode.
Please post the output of
xrandr --listproviders

1 Like

From nvidia mode here is the bug report nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (314.6 KB)
the output of xrandr --listproviders

Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id: 0x1b8 cap: 0x1, Source Output crtcs: 4 outputs: 3 associated providers: 0 name:NVIDIA-0

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.