Ubuntu Kernel v5.6, v5.7 for HP-OMEN 17t bc000 GForce RTX2080 unstable driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.82.run

gdm4.txt.log (390.8 KB)

Looks like there’s something wrong with the connection of the monitor"Idek Iiyama PL3288UH". Did you try running without it/changing cable/connector?

I need this monitor and everything works fine on Windows.

For 30 minutes without a monitor, I did not observe a restart of the system graphics. However, the problem with the disappearance of the buttons in the windows when changing the scale of the monitor of the laptop itself remains.
After that, I installed AMD FreeSynk support in the monitor settings and so far I have been working without reboots.

Graphics just restarted with the monitor Idek Iiyama PL3288UH turned off completely gdm5.txt.log (676.5 KB)
On the version of ubuntu 5.6.0-rс2 with the driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.59 worked without reloading

Hi! I installed release ubuntu 20.04 kernel 5.4.0-26-generic
and choose using NVIDIA old driver

I still experience constant graphics overload from time to time.
On the old 435 driver I could not configure the location of multiple monitors
Works best on a manually installed driver 440.82
However, all the same problems for which I complained above remained.
When you connect more than one monitor or set scaling, the function buttons of the windows disappear
dmesg6.txt.log (136.4 KB)

There’s nothing related in the logs, this rather sounds like a Gnome bug.

Well, the restart problem is a gnome or ubunt bug, so far I have written to ubunt https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/1875435

And who should write about the problem of missing function keys in windows? Is the dependence exactly on connecting a second monitor?

Since fractional scaling is an Ubuntu feature, there’s already a bug report about it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1873403
As Daniel van Vugt is already working on that, you might have better luck attaching there with the additional info about missing controls.