Ubuntu Server 22.04 Compatibility

Has anyone been able to get Ubuntu Server 22.04 on the Jetson devices? Flashing Jetpack is fine for R&D but taking Jetpack and its laborious process for flashing Jetsons to scale is messy. Its reliance on Ubuntu desktop is an odd choice for embedded devices.

I have been trying to get this working today.

• I am running Ubuntu 22.04 desktop on x86_64
  • Trying to install sdkmanager with apt install gives me an error stating that “libcanberra-gtk-module” is required but cannot be installed
  • Trying the docker CLI sdkmanager 22.04 fails on login stating something around “Got empty programs response from NVIDIA developer server”

I am now going back to Ubuntu 20.04, hope I can install the latest jetpack from there!!

OK, now from Ubuntu 20.04 running sdkmanager GUI, I get the same “Got empty programs response from NVIDIA developer server” error on attempted login.

Something seems broken on the Nvidia side.

You can customize the rootfs like this:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/SD/RootFileSystem.html

Have you created your login for the correct NVIDIA developer login? Maybe it is as simple as a login not being the one you think it is.

Yes, that was the issue for me on 20.04, see “Got empty programs response from NVIDIA developer server” error on sdkmanager attempted login - #2 by matt.vella

However, there was a different issue with sdkmanager and 22.04