Udefined reference to BSS1, BSS4, BSS5

I have an old program. It has been compiled with PGI compiler version I am not sure of. I can run this program if I don’t recompile it. I had PGI 3.5 version. I get:
“Udefined reference to BSS1”
“Udefined reference to BSS4”
“Udefined reference to BSS5”
these error messages.

Then I downloaded PGI 6.0. I am still getting the same errors.

Is anybody had the same error. ?

Hi Ceren,

What OS are you using? Which minor release of 6.0 are you using? (i.e. the output of “pgf90 -V”).

One user had a similar issue when compiling on a SuSE 10.0 system using older compilers. The linker changed quite a bit with SuSE 10 and we didn’t support these changes until 6.0-8.

• Mat

I use Windows 32 bit version of PGI. I have Windows XP. I changed the dimensions of some common blocks, then this error disappeared. What is the limit on those memory blocks? What command line option should I use to increase the memory allocation? I was using PGI 3.3, then 6.0 versions. PGI 6.0 version error messages were more elaborate than the 3.3 version. When the problem didn’t go away with the newer version of PGI (it was under trial lisance) I uninstalled it. I am back to 3.3

What is the limit on those memory blocks?

2Gb which is a limit of the small memory model.

What command line option should I use to increase the memory allocation?

In 64-bits, you would add “-mcmodel=medium” but in 32-bits, 2Gb is a hard limit.

Can you please send an example of the problem to trs@pgroup.com?

Thanks,
Mat