Uee case of EFM8SB10F2G

Hi Team
We are making one coustom carrier board for our application. we want to understad what is use case of EFM8SB10F2G . Do we must need to put EFM8SB10F2G on our board . Where i can get the binary file of MCU .

The MCU is not must, for power-on design you can refer to the introduction of chapter 4.1 Power Supply and Sequencing in Production Design Guide. If you plan to use it, there is firmware in DLC: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/nvidia-jetson-agx-xavier-and-jetson-xavier-nx-power-button-supervisor-firmware

Hello Team,
I along with team are building a carrier board using NX and Nano, but we have decided to use PIC16F1827T-I/SS instead of EFM8SB10F2G.Can we do it? and please provide me the source code if available with you.

Only if the power sequence can be implemented by the MCU you choose. We don’t have support for other MCU, customer should check with vendor to confirm if the MCU can do the timing control as listed in OEM DG.

Hello
I really appreciate your quick response . Please help me in figuring out .dts file for changes in Nano and NX.As it is quiet confusing because .dts file are present in both the paths

##Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/porg/kernel-dts$
##Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm/boot/dts/

which .dts to refer for NANO and NX (Please provide PATH) … Thanks in advance

Hello
I really appreciate your quick response . Please help me in figuring out .dts file for changes in Nano and NX.As it is quiet confusing because .dts file are present in both the paths

##Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/porg/kernel-dts$
##Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm/boot/dts/

which .dts to refer for NANO and NX (Please provide PATH) … Thanks in advance @Trumany @kayccc

Hello,

“hardware” folder includes the dts files
“kernel” folder includes the driver codes.

If you want to search the dts, please go to hardware folder.

t210/porg is for jetson Nano
t194/jakku is for jetson NX.

nvidia/platform → this folder includes the dts changes w.r.t the platform related change. For example, TX1 and jetson nano both use t210 SoC. But their platform names are different.

nvidia/soc → As its name, this folder includes the generally SoC settings. Take TX1 and Nano as example again, their SoC are same so share same base for specific parts.

1 Like

Sir
What is the procedure to program this firmware in our custom board?

Hello @WayneWWW , @Trumany

I Have flased linux kernel version 4.19 (L4T 32.4.4) Ubuntu 18.04 , in my Jetson SOM module.

1. Can i upgrade the firmware using command line , like upgrading to new Ubuntu (to newer version) or kernel version?
  2. Can we install application like Teams/Zoom in our jetson module?

If your topic is not related to the original one, file a new topic for it.

Hello Sir,

could you please provide your comments on:-

Thanks in advance