UICViewer on Jetson TX1

here is my jetson environment

Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.96-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 28 17:51:08 PDT 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I extracted UI_Composer_Viewer-Vibrante21_X_DGPU.7.0.16512014.run and got a file UICViewer
but when i tried to run it as ./UICViewer it says -bash: ./UICViewer: No such file or directory

Please give me some idea to fix this. I have settled the permissions on the files also

UICViewer file is 32 bit

./UICViewer: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.1.10, BuildID[sha1]=19eb95ad1808b93a109996dfbf0b10285a24c194, not stripped

format but my system is Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.96-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 28 17:51:08 PDT 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

it is a 64 bit

Is this an issue?

You cannot execute 32-bit armhf on the JTX1 unless you’ve set up a 32-bit compatibility within user space. Meaning 32-bit linker and 32-bit libraries. Although ARMv8-a 64-bit has a 32-bit compatibility mode (ARMv8 without the “-a” can execute armhf) to work with armhf (and the kernel supports this), the user space changes to do this are extensive (and does not exist by default). 32-bit compatibility mode in user space is not something well-tested and I suspect it is a long and difficult road to get this working properly without bad side-effects (and no doubt performance would suffer).

Thank you very much for the support.

What is the recommended tool flow then to run a UI Composer project on the TX1 ? Do you have an updated UI Composer Viewer or some other application ?

Our application is to run a Automotive instrument cluster. We used the sample and was able run and view in windows successfully. But what are the next steps in getting deployed on the TX1 ?

any help is much appreciated. thanks !

Typically whoever maintains the 32-bit version would start providing a 64-bit build for ARMv8-a (arm64/aarch64). Barring that, you’d get the source code and compile it yourself. Do you have a URL for source code?

Well the UI Composer Viewer is provided by Nvidia. I havent seen a link to the source code. Is there a place we can search for ? the downloads are available here

http://uicomposer.nvidia.com/ics/support/DLList.asp?task=download&folderID=109664

Looks like this would be a nice application for developers of “many things Jetson”. I don’t even see an x86_64 Linux desktop version though, just Windows, Mac, Android, and the 32-bit Vibrante. Considering the mobile “drive” (Vibrante) version is close to what many Jetsons are used for in development I could see the usefulness of such a port to the JTX1.

Anyone at nVidia know if there is a chance of getting a port of an arm64/aarch64 L4T version of UI Composer?

Definitly. I thought that given the automotive usage, UICViewer for TX1 will be readily available.

Has any one used QT as the viewer on TX1 ?

The reference manual states the following in section “Previewing on hardware” in UI Composer reference manual

Using the Qt-based Viewer
If you have the Qt-based Viewer for Linux, you will need to install additional packages before first run:

sudo apt-get install libx11-xcb1 libicu48 dbus dbus-x11 at-spi2-core