Unable to blow fuses for secureboot

Hello! I’m following the instructions on setting up secure bootloaders, and the command to blow the fuses doesn’t seem to work:

sudo ./odmfuse.sh -j -i 0x18 -c PKC -p -k rsa_priv.pem jetson-tx2

It fails during the hash calculation with the following message:
*** Calculating HASH from keyfile (omitted)/rsa_priv.pem … failed.

The PEM file was generated using

openssl genrsa -out rsa_priv.pem 2048

Would you guys have any idea what could be going on and how to troubleshoot further?

EDIT: some more research and it seems like it’s the same problem as here: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1033753/jetson-tx2/l4t-v28-2-odm_fuse-with-ubuntu-16-04/ , although I’m hoping that there’s a better fix than manually modifying the binary now

hello kelvin_ly,

may I have your confirmation that issue gone after referring to Topic 1033753
thanks

So there’s no better solution? Yeah, I can confirm that that fix resolved it. I still received an error message at the end of odmfuse, but the key seems to be set; the bootloaders need to be signed, and I need to pass the key to ./flash.sh for it to communicate properly

Seems like the issue is with Terminal on Ubuntu 16.04. The real problem is “who am i” return nothing after execution in Terminal. I can confirm that change to another terminal emulator, for example Konsole solves the issue for me.

hello ericzhangbc,

FYI,
we had fix the issue internally, and we also had change integration to our latest release code-line.
please expect this fix will be include in the next public release images. (i.e. l4t-r28.3)
thanks