I wanted to test the flashing process and did the following steps:
(on an ubuntu 18.04 VM running on Mac via virtualbox, usb passthrough)
- Downloaded and extracted - Tegra186_Linux_R32.3.1_aarch64.tbz2
- Downloaded - Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.3.1_aarch64.tbz2
- cd’d into ./Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/ and extracted above
- cd’d up and ran ./apply_binaries.sh
- ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
I tried to reboot the jetson with hdmi monitor connected but the screen keeps flashing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ablx7adolaqepit/2020-03-20%2014.11.08.jpg?dl=0
Similar to this issue - Can't turn on the device
I connected to the uart port and usb passthrough to vm to capture the logs: - https://gist.github.com/thirdeye-yusuf/49dce23b3dc6fde5281f7c6642b0f859
In the default rootfs/boot/extlinux.conf there’s no ‘quiet’ option to remove so didn’t edit.
Note, my first attempt to flash failed, I had not allocated enough storage to the ubuntu vm (host), on the 2nd attempt the flash succeeded.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?