Unable to boot after upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 on Jetson TK1

Hi @linuxdev again - I’m glad to report that I was able to use a 32-bit machine as a host to flash the Jetson TK1! And then I followed How to successfully update Jetson TK1 to Ubuntu 16.04 to upgrade Ubuntu from 14 to 16, that also worked! Thanks for your help!

Question… I flashed using R21.5 (mainly because I saw someone did it in this blog post and provided detail instructions: Flashing Jetson TK1. The following steps will provide… | by Ailurus Fulgens | Medium ) and I want to follow the simplest setup to confirm that my host machine works. Now that I confirmed it’s working, I don’t mind to flash it again with R21.8. However I’m wondering if it would make any difference since I’m going to upgrade to Ubuntu 16 anyway? As in… would the upgrade overwrite any fixes/benefits brought in between R21.8 and R21.5, since they’re all based on Ubuntu 14?

2nd question… I think I want to install the additional packages that JetPack 3.0 offer, in particular I think it would make the wifi work (is it?) So I want to ask if I should attempt to run the JetPack and install the optional packages before or after the Jetson TK1 Ubuntu 16 upgrade?

Thank you!