Unable to burn fuses (dev kit) / no more output (serial/hdmi) / bricked?

Hi,
Please follow

And check if you can see log of booting. You should see some initial prints at least. A bit strange none is printed.

Nothing is printed after flashing.

May I know how is your setup and connection on xavier? How is your host setup? Which port did you read for UART log?

Using a mac with an ubuntu VM via virtual box and usb filter / pass through ‘Nvidia Corp…’, and serial connection (micro usb) direct from mac using minicom, (would use screen but it seems buggy).

I use the VM to flash, no issue with usb ports when using virtual box usb filter / passthrough.

Flashing and serial console output was fine before fuse process.

Hi,
Do you have X86 host running Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04? This is listed in prerequisites. Using VM as host is not verified and may misbehave.

Right now it looks like Xavier does not boot at all. We would need some time to discuss about how to debug further under the condition,

Yes, X86 host but it’s a mac (laptop), VM is ubuntu 18.04 running under VirtualBox.
usb passthrough / filter (for flashing)

Hi,
You probably misunderstand the prerequisites. It has to be X86 host running Ubuntu OS(16.04 or 18.04). Running through VM is not suggested.

Assuming the VM isn’t an issue, can you see a problem with my previous steps?

I have one of these - USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi : ID 954 : $9.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
Is it possible to connect this to the xavier somehow for output?
Guessing since we didn’t disable jtag.
Also can you confirm if previous steps permanently set production mode?

@yusufftran for the debug console on the Xavier you can connect the device to the host PC over the micro USB port. Four ttyUSB ports should instantiated (e.g. ttyUSB0-3). Please use the one with the highest number to output the console to a serial utility such as minicom or screen.

Thanks, that’s what I used originally before the fuse process, was just wondering if there was another method.

Beware that the issue with a VM is usually one of losing USB during any flash. The USB will disconnect and reconnect many times during a flash, and many VMs lose the USB upon first disconnect without accepting the reconnect. A VM must have complete ownership at all times for the USB.

The usb passthrough should of taken care of this?
I’ve flashed many times without issue, it’s only the odmfuse process that seemed to cause issue.

Hi,
We have checked the steps and had some discussion. The steps look fine. From the log, both SBK and PKC keys should be burned properly. But we still concern about the host machine. We always verify the process with Ubuntu OS. It can be problematic if your host machine is VM. Since fuses are irreversible, we highly suggest use direct OS machine.

One strange thing is board information should be included in executing nvmassflashgen.sh. Please try

sudo BOARDID=2888 FAB=400 BOARDSKU=0001 BOARDREV=H.0 ./nvmassflashgen.sh -x 0x19 -y SBKPKC -u /storage/keys/pkc.pem -v /storage/keys/sbk.txt jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

Sure, gonna first build an ubuntu 18.04 machine and will try the flash process again.
Will update…

Managed to successfully run your command on a physical ubuntu host, it creates mfi_jetson-xavier_encrypt_signed.tbz2 and also directory bootloader/mfi_jetson-xavier_encrypt_signed.

Shall I attempt to flash?

I un’tarred the mfi tgz2 file and ran
sudo ./nvmflash.sh --showlogs

Logs - Dropbox - nv-logs.tar.gz - Simplify your life
nvmassflash.log = captured when generating mfi tar
nvmflash.log and serial.log = captured when flashing with nvmflash.sh

I’ve attached the jetson to a hdmi monitor, still won’t boot :(
Note, I’ve replaced the rootfs with the default sample one and ran ./apply_binaries.sh so everything is default.

also just deleted Linux_for_Tegra directory and unpacked a new one, unpacked sample root fs into it, ran apply_binaries.sh and tried another flash, same result, successful flash but nothing boots nor any output.

The flash command:

sudo BOARDID=2888 FAB=400 BOARDSKU=0001 BOARDREV=H.0 ./flash.sh -u $(KEYS_DIR)/pkc.pem -v $(KEYS_DIR)/sbk.txt jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

Hi,
Looks like uart log gets outputted in flashing the system. Will check the logs and update.

So even you press the hard reset button, nothing happens?

yep, nothing, then proceed to pull power and plug back in, power on and nothing.