Unable to flash Jetson AGX Orin

Hi,
The AGX I received could not install CUDA for some reason and the screen when black.
I use now the SDK Manager and try in flash the OS to the emmc but I can’t.
I get terminal error:

Using rootfs directory of: /media/aiadmin/NewVolume/JetPackOrin
/JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

12:15:14 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T234_COMP Install took 3m17s ]

12:15:14 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: command terminated with error

Any ideas how to fix this?
SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_AGX_Orin_modules_2022-06-21_12-08-43.zip (128.0 KB)

RETRIED and got more errors:
11:30:02 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: Depends on failed component
12:15:14 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: Depends on failed component
12:31:07 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: Depends on failed component
12:36:58 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: Depends on failed component

Is your “/media/aiadmin/NewVolume/” a ext4 partition? Need to use ext4.

Using rootfs directory of: /media/aiadmin/NewVolume/JetPackOrin/JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
||||||||||||||||||||||| ERROR |||||||||||||||||||||||
-----------------------------------------------------
1. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
   has to be extracted to this directory:
/media/aiadmin/NewVolume/JetPackOrin/JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I reformatted a new drive to ext4 and tried again.

Please share the log again.

1 Like

Hi,

So I reformatted a disk with ext4 and after first error again I reran the installation a second time using ext4 file-system. Then I got the Jetson to work. It looks like it has been reinstalled and CUDA etc seems also to be installed. BUT its not a fresh installation because I was never prompted with the Ubuntu new-installation guide. So it seems that the SDK-manager does not remove and “format” the emmc and reinstall. Just somehow repair the installation and keep some sort of user preferences. I dont really understand it.

I will try now to get YoloV5 working on Orin with GPU (Didnt before since Cuda installation malfunctioned). Then if it works I am happy. Otherwise I will reinstall and see if I can get a clean installation with Ubuntu-startup guide.

We can consider this topic closed and THANK YOU for your quick response and support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.