Unable to flash Jetson TK1 to 21.5

Everything was ok until the very last command sudo ./flash.sh -S 14580 MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1. After that the terminal throws a lot of tar errors about unreadable files. I made sure I was using ext4 and also not virtual machine (direct flashing). Looking at the files, it seems the access to root is only allowed for user 1001 (???). Could this be the reason as to why I can’t flash the board? Maybe I just don’t have enough storage?

Crap…didn’t notice I posted on TX1 thread until the last minute. Apologies!

The command itself would be correct. Did you unpack the sample rootfs in the “rootfs/” subdirectory, and run “sudo ./apply_binaries.sh”? If so, perhaps the loopback device was not correct (the flash.sh script does this wrong and only works if “/dev/loop0” is in place and not in use).

What are some of the errors? Before starting, what is “ls /dev/loop*” and what is “sudo losetup -f”? Running “losetup -f” as non-root tells which loop device will be used next, running it as root with sudo will also cause the device to be created if it did not previously exist. Before running flash.sh the command should return that it will use loop0 next, and ls should show “/dev/loop0” exists. If it goes to loop1 you may have something else currently using loopback…in which case you’d have to edit flash.sh for it to work correctly.

Yup, did everything as necessary, and dev/loop is /dev/loop0. Idk, maybe it’s because my system is 16.04? Whatever it is I’m giving up since it’s not that much of a problem. Thanks for the help though!

You might have issues if you use JetPack on an Ubuntu 16.04 host, but command line flash will not have any issues with virtually any native x86_64 install. Can you post a log of a failed flash? Example:

sudo ./flash.sh -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee flash_log.txt