UNable to flash NX

I did that Jerry, but it still keeps failing with the same error. I downloaded the jetpack, added the vendor provided patch, and flash command to install the jetpack but it fails with the error listed above. Is there a way to determine if it is a module issue or the carrier board issue?

hello aidev,

we had verified with JetPack-4.5.1, it were able to flash Jetson Xavier NX,
please also contact with your vendor for correct flashing steps,
thanks

@aidev it seems you should reffer to

Alhough it is named "User Manual: It doesn’t seem to contain flashing instructions though,
so try to ask vendors support directly

Hi @Andrey1984, @JerryChang
The carrier board does not have any on-board memory. So when the BSP fails, it is failing to write to the NX module (SOM). I just bought a new NX Module/SOM and was able to flash it no problem. So, not sure if the on ssd memory on SOM/nx module is corrupted or what… But after I have the new module setup, I might try to reflash the old module and see what happens.
Thanks!

@JerryChang - I got a new module and was able to flash it successfully. Is it possible to open an RMA for it? Usually when we contact support they want to make sure from Forums it is been debugged and recommended for RMA.

hello aidev,

may I know what’s the combination of the SOM module and the carrier board you’d tested,
did you confirm this damaged NX module also failed with reference carrier board also? i.e. Jetson Xavier NX DevKits.
thanks

@JerryChang - I used the same Aetina AN810 Carrier board for both the modules. It failed on one when I opened the RMA and then I purchased a new module. I was able to flash the new module and use it without any issues. I retired the old module and keeps failing.
Thanks.

hello aidev,

please have a RMA process if you believe that your Jetson product is defective, thanks

1 Like