Unable to Flash Tx2i with Jetpack 3.2.1

I get a error when trying to flash a Tx2i module.

The log file has the following error.

Board ID(3310) version(B02)
Error: missing dtbfile (/home/rich/jetpack3.2.1/64_TX2/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-1000-c03-00-ucm1.dtb).

I can flash successfully selecting the Tx2 development board and the GUI comes up, but the usb ports do not work on the module. (no keyboard and mouse then)

Ideas?
flash_os_tx2i.log (5.67 KB)

Hi rich,

Can you please share the full set of logs located at:
/home/rich/jetpack3.2.1/_installer/logs/64_TX2/flash_os_tx2i.log

Also can you try flashing the target from an installation path that does not contain “.”?
Ref:https://docs.nvidia.com/jetpack-l4t/index.html#jetpack/3.2.1/install.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____3

I’ve added the log file, and will try re-imaging with a corrected installation path. One thing to note is that I didn’t install tools on the host, as I only wanted to image the TX2i. Appears some files are missing, perhaps that’s the issue.

Thanks,

Just an observation:

# In my R28.2 for TX2 I have this file:
kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-1000-<u><b>a</b></u>03-00-ucm1.dtb
# Requested differs by the a03 versus c03:
kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-1000-<u><b>c</b></u>03-00-ucm1.dtb

If someone knows the difference between “a03” and “c03” it might provide some clarity. For example, I don’t know if the TX2i uses this and the “ao3” was swapped for “c03” for the TX2i, and not available in earlier downloads.

Hi rich,

From the logs it seems like you have selected TX2i as your target but TX2 is connected. Can you double check if the board connected to the host is TX2i and not TX2?

Board ID 3310 corresponds to Jetson TX2
Board ID 3489 corresponds to Jetson TX2i

Ok… Good to know. I definitely had the Tx2i plugged in during the failure (Physically very different looking). Is there a way to query the driver to display the Board ID? I did flash a TX2 prior to trying the TX2i (persistent memory in driver?). I will attempt this again from a clean boot.

Ok… I change the install path to remove the ‘.’ characters, deleted all temporary directories and attempted to reflash the Tx2i module. I’ve attached the log file. Still have the same error associated with the missing dtb file. Is there a way I can acquire this file?

Board ID(3310) version(B02)
Error: missing dtbfile (/home/rich/jetpack3_2_1/64_TX2/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-1000-c03-00-ucm1.dtb).

flash_os_tx2i.log (5.67 KB)

If that really is the TX2i, then it has the wrong board ID. Are you sure you don’t have the two modules reversed?

It’s not reversed. The TX2i is a small form factor board, with a Connect Tech carrier card. I have no explanation for the Board ID being wrong. Is it programmable? Perhaps the Connect Tech BSP has some answers, I’ll check into it.

After installing the Connect Tech BSP, and flashing everything is functional. If you happen to be using a carrier card from this manufacturer. The BSP can be found here: http://connecttech.com/what-is-tx2i/

Hi rich,

I missed the part where you mentioned TX2i “Module”.

The BSP included in JetPack supports NVIDIA dev kits. For Jetson modules with 3rd party carriers, you should refer to customized BSPs from the respective provider.

Glad to hear that you were able to flash the target with the BSP from Connect Tech.