Unable to install or build Essentia

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to ask this, as I’m getting super sick of googling the same thing over and over again.
I’ve been trying to install https://github.com/MTG/essentia for python3.6 on my nano, both by using

python3.6 -m pip install essentia

and by building from source, but both fail, and say something about the version of GCC not recognising a -msse flag. I’m way out of my depth figuring out what that means, but google results seemed to match with installs of things like OBS and Audacity on jetson nanos, getting roughly the same error.
Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why that might be and a way I might be able to fix it,
Thanks so much,
Syl

It’s better to post the step you are trying.

That means that the package is trying to build for x86. It’s totally possible that it uses Intel-specific optimizations and does not support ARM CPUs. The best thing to do is to ask questions of the package maintainer.

Sorry about this, for anyone looking to do the same thing I found a -no-msse flag in the depths of the build files that works! Cheers for the responses guys, appreciate it!