unable to make

Hello everyone

i’m installing CUDA 3.0, but i am unable to make the SDK examples.
Whaen I type make in the NVIDAI_GPU_Computing_SDK/C directory i get the following lines on the terminal window:

make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared' make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/shared’
make -C src/histogram/
make[1]: Entering directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/histogram' /usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file ../../bin/linux/release/histogram: Permission denied collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/histogram] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/acustica/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/histogram’
make: *** [src/histogram/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

Can anyone help me out? i do not know what is going on.
thanks a lot.

C.

like the error says, you don’t have write permissions to the output directories the SDK uses. I would guess you installed the SDK as root or something, so that the SDK isn’t owned by your user account, but rather by root.

like the error says, you don’t have write permissions to the output directories the SDK uses. I would guess you installed the SDK as root or something, so that the SDK isn’t owned by your user account, but rather by root.

Thanks a lot, you were right, I managed to do it now!

Thanks a lot, you were right, I managed to do it now!