unable to open include file

Hello,

When I compiled the following simple FORTRAN code, I got the following error:

/opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/bin/pgf90 -O4 -fastsse -pc 32 -Mfixed -byteswapio -I/home/adeq/users/jane/CMAQ4.5.1/lib/ioapi_3/fixed-src -c junk.F
PGF90-S-0017-Unable to open include file: CONST3.EXT (junk.F: 11)
PGF90-S-0017-Unable to open include file: PARMS3.EXT (junk.F: 12)
PGF90-S-0017-Unable to open include file: FDESC3.EXT (junk.F: 13)
PGF90-S-0017-Unable to open include file: IODECL3.EXT (junk.F: 15)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 4 severes, 0 fatal for junk.F

The source code is very simple, as the following:

PROGRAM junk

IMPLICIT NONE

C Include files

INCLUDE ‘./include/parameter.h’
INCLUDE ‘CONST3.EXT’
INCLUDE ‘PARMS3.EXT’
INCLUDE ‘FDESC3.EXT’
INCLUDE ‘IODECL3.EXT’

CHARACTER*16 TEST
DATA TEST /‘THIS IS A TEST’ /

END

The first file which is located in the specified path did pass compiling. Problems were with the next four files, which are located in another dir. This dir is specified in the -I option., but it didn’t work.

Thank you,

Jane

Hi Jane,

My guess is since file names are case sensitive on Linux, the actual include files should be listed in lower case. When you ‘ls’ these files in the include directory, how are they shown?

• Mat

Mat,

Thank you for the remider. I just checked and found that the filenames are all upper case in the specified “-I” dir. They are also upper case in the FORTRAN program.

Jane

I’m not to sure then. I created a small test case simpilar to your example but it worked fine. Can you send an example which illustrates the problem to trs@pgroup.com?

Thanks,
Mat

Mat,

I moved the files to another dir and it worked. I checked the permission of my previous -I dir, and it is drwxrwxr-x at every level. So I still don’t have a clue that why that particular -I dir didn’t work.

Jane