unable to open Module file

Hi,

My Fortran code uses the module DFLIB ( with visual fortran, in windows) or IFPORT ( with Intel Fortran, in Linux) to access functions like MAXPATH and pathbuf.
I recently had to shift my runs to a linux cluster where the compiler is PGI Fortran 95. When I try compiling my code, I encounter the following error:

PGF90-F-0004-Unable to open MODULE file dflib.mod

Apparantly, DFLIB or IFPORT are not recognized by PGI Fortran compiler.

Does anyone have any idea of what the equivalent to DFLIB or IFPORT could be with PGI Fortran?

Would really appreciate any help as the entire functioning of my code is dependant on some of the functions in the DFLIB module.

Thanks
-Murthy

Hi Murthy,

While we do have limited support for DFLIB on Windows, we don’t on Linux. I’ve tried searching the web for a Linux equivalent but haven’t found anything. Perhaps another user might know?

• Mat

Hi Mat,

I’m trying to shift a bunch of codes developed using Compaq Visual in Windows to Linux with PGI Compiler. The code uses dflib and dfport in most of the programs. This result in the same error as Murthy mentioned.

Though this issue has been posted in 2007, I would like to know if there is any update over this time.

Also, is there any way to access the *.dsw and *.dsp files in Linux using PGI. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Surya

Hi Surya,

Unfortunately, you will need to port your code since dflib and dfport libraries are Windows only.

Also, is there any way to access the *.dsw and *.dsp files in Linux using PGI. Any help is appreciated.

No, sorry. Those are Microsoft Visual Studio project extensions which have no equivalent on Linux.

• Mat