Unable to run offline_generator.py

Hi to all,

I created a test environment (USD) to test dataset generation using offline_generator.py script but when i run the script i get the following error:

./python.sh standalone_examples/replicator/offline_generation.py --scenario omniverse://localhost/Projects/test1.usd --num_frames 50 --train_size 40 --max_queue_size 500 --write_mode kitti
./python.sh: line 43:  9965 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $python_exe $@ $args
There was an error running python

What can it be?

4 Likes

I have the same problem. Did you solve this?

It seems you modified the original script, without knowing the modifications there is not much we can help from the crash. Can you share your script?

The only change that I applied is based on this solution. It used to be working on Titan (V RTX) GPUs, but on A (A6000)series it doesn’t solve the core dump error.

Is the original script working in your environment? If not, which Isaac Sim are you using.

As the error is not very informative I can only help out if you can share a script I can reproduce the error with.

This is about the standalone_example’s script without any modification, which occurred on Isaac sim 2021.1.

Is using the latest isaac sim version a possibility?
Is the unmodified original script working? If yes, can you share yours script in order to reproduce and try to fix the issue?

I had to change the entire pipeline to the latest Isaac sim, and it is working now, but it is not very straightforward to reproduce my previous batch. I am still working on it. I should mention replicator is getting better. But it needs some more features like this one requested here: Offline Pose Generation data visualization

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.