Unable to run ping_python!

I’m using Ubuntu 18.04. I’ve installed all the dependencies using the script as well. I’ve also installed the nvidia driver 440 mentioned in the documentation.
I am able to run all c++ sample apps like ping and stereo_dummy, but none of the python samples can be run.

This is how I’m trying to run the python app:
kirang@Kiran:~/ISAAC/sdk$ bazel run //apps/tutorials/ping_python

This is the error that I’m getting:

ERROR: /ISAAC/sdk/packages/pyalice/BUILD:13:1: no such package ‘@com_nvidia_isaac_engine//engine’: BUILD file not found in directory ‘engine’ of external repository @com_nvidia_isaac_engine. Add a BUILD file to a directory to mark it as a package. and referenced by ‘//packages/pyalice:bindings_pybind’
ERROR: /ISAAC/sdk/packages/pyalice/BUILD:30:1: no such package ‘@com_nvidia_isaac_engine//engine’: BUILD file not found in directory ‘engine’ of external repository @com_nvidia_isaac_engine. Add a BUILD file to a directory to mark it as a package. and referenced by ‘//packages/pyalice:components’
WARNING: errors encountered while analyzing target ‘//apps/tutorials/ping_python:ping_python’: it will not be built
INFO: Analyzed target //apps/tutorials/ping_python:ping_python (0 packages loaded, 3 targets configured).
INFO: Found 0 targets…
ERROR: command succeeded, but there were loading phase errors
INFO: Elapsed time: 4.278s, Critical Path: 0.11s
INFO: 0 processes.
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully

Could you show the directory structure you have the SDK laid out in? The error seems to indicate that it cannot find the “engine” folder which should be a sibling of the “sdk” folder.

I have not changed the isaac folder structure.
Isaac > engine, sdk, LICENSE, NOTICE, OWNERS, README.md.

This is how I’m trying to run the python app:
kirang@Kiran:~/ISAAC/sdk$ bazel run //apps/tutorials/ping_python

I’m running it using wsl btw. Could that be the problem?
The cpp codes run fine. The problems exists only for python codes.

Running in WSL could likely cause runtime issues but this is a build time problem which should be fine. Line #14 Isaac SDK 2021.1 in /ISAAC/sdk/WORKSPACE specifies a relative path to the engine directory, but bazel claims there is no BUILD file at the root of that directory. Could you confirm that the files are not messed up in anyway? Are these files being mounted from your C:/ through WSL perhaps and there is a permissions issue?