Unable to see metadata stream using deepstream-test4-app

Hi,

I am trying to use deepstream-test4-app to stream metadata over Kafka. I am using AGX Xavier, with JP4.5 and DS5.0. I am running Zookeeper, Kafka server and the Kafka consumer on the Xavier. The application runs without any errors, but I do not see the metadata stream on the Kafka consumer. I am interested in deepstream-test4 since it has the exact pipeline we need. Here is what I am using to run deepstream-test4-app:

deepstream-test4-app -i /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/streams/sample_720p.mp4 -p /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/lib/libnvds_kafka_proto.so --conn-str=‘localhost;9092;my-topic’ --topic=my-topic -s 0

Thank you in advance!

Ramya.

Hi,
You want payload sent is stream? or?

I want to stream metadata in JSON format, with class label, bounding boxes, tracking ID etc.
Also, I changed the code to send metadata for all objects for all frames not just every 30 frames. I just want to see the streaming metadata with deepstream-test4 and then I will modify it to include our camera source.

then you can use below to check the sending messages.

Consume messages:

#Install the amqp-tools
sudo apt-get install amqp-tools

cat < test_amqp_recv.sh
while read -r line; do
echo “$line”
done
EOF

chmod +x test_amqp_recv.sh

Run the consumer:
amqp-consume -q “myqueue” -r “topicname” -e “amq.topic” ./test_amqp_recv.sh

from sources/libs/amqp_protocol_adaptor/README

Thank you for your response. I need it working with Kafka and I checked all the config for it. I am running the Kafka consumer on the Xavier, yet I am unable to make it work. There must be something I am missing.

Oh, sorry. please check this, Apache Kafka

STEP 5: READ THE EVENTS