Unable to start riva

Hi @javier7 ,
Thanks for your post and your interest in Riva, Apologies for the delay
Thanks for sharing the logs for both the machines that you have tried upon,
Analyzing the logs i can quickly find in both the machines
Cuda Error in copyToDevice: 2 (out of memory)
Please find the Server Hardware requirement link below
https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/riva/user-guide/docs/support-matrix.html#server-hardware
As the link suggests,
Care must be taken to not exceed the memory available when selecting models to deploy. 16+GB VRAM is recommended.

As Both RTX 2060 and RTX 3060 Laptop GPU will have VRAM less than 16GB,
I would recommend to comment out the models that will not be used in the config.sh file, details on where config.sh is located is available in the quick start guide
https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/riva/user-guide/docs/quick-start-guide.html

I am attaching a screenshot below for reference, For example i want to use the TTS model (text to speech), then i can comment out all the models that I dont need by adding # to the start of those lines (Highlighted by Yellow Box) and uncommenting the model that i need to use (Here in below image highlighted by green box) and vice versa
You can do the same as per your requirement/usecase in the config.sh file,

Alternatively we can also disable service as a whole if not needed in config.sh, lines below

Enable or Disable Riva Services

service_enabled_asr=true
service_enabled_nlp=true
service_enabled_tts=true

set to true or false depending upon your requirement/usecase,

So the Overall flow, here I would recommend you to try

1. Navigate inside the quickstart directory cd riva_quickstart_v1.9.0-beta
  2. Run bash riva_clean.sh
  3. Modify the config.sh file to select only the model/service for your usecase/requirement as instructed above
  4. Run bash riva_init.sh (If possbile please share the console output ; Command command | tee ~/outputfile.txt in our case bash riva_init.sh | tee riva_init_log.txt, Please share the riva_init_logs.txt)
  5. Run bash riva_start.sh

Please try the above steps and let me know whether it works, also please do share the Nvidia Driver Version used, command nvidia-smi

2 Likes