Unable to use cuda with visual studio 2022

I have tried to run many small sample cuda programs in visual studio 2022, including the VS sample code. They all take an exception at a cuda call, saying that I am passing an invalid parameter. This happens on all programs, not at the same cuda call.

I’m sure that I do not have the system set up properly, but have no idea what needs to be done. Can anyone give a list of instructions for setting up visual studio for cuda from scratch - including what has to be downloaded, set up, etc? I have tried some step by steps from the web, and they all give me this same error. Must be doing something basic wrong.

I usually get caught in “whaddy mean you didn’t do xyz? Even babies in their cribs know you’re supposed to do that! Of course nobody told you!” I suspect this problem may be one of those.

https://quasar.ugent.be/files/doc/cuda-msvc-compatibility.html

I came to know that specific CUDA versions use specific VS version. please check in given link.

this may help

According to the CUDA 12.1 Installation Guide for Windows MSVC Version 193x / Visual Studio 2022 17.0 is supported (see Table 2). It is not clear what you mean by

As far as I know, MSVS Intellisense still does not understand CUDA syntax for kernel invocations and marks those with red squiggles. This can be ignored. If you get an actual compilation error, please cut & paste it here.

As for general installation instructions, that is what the installation guides are for.