Unable to use deepstream-test1-app on NGC 6.0-devel container

I installed TensorRT 8.2 GA Update 1,with deb package.

You must install the following components:

• Ubuntu 18.04
  • GStreamer 1.14.5
  • NVIDIA driver 470.63.01
  • CUDA 11.4
  • TensorRT 8.0.1

I used sudo apt remove --purge tensort command to uninstall TRT 8.2.

Sorry for the late.
You need to export display firstly if run from remote terminal.
export DISPLAY=:1 or 0 //xrandr to check if display export or not.
or run from desktop directly.

we meet the same problem,with using the image from NGC

Everything looks fine unless can’t login gdm3 …
Delete xorg.conf can login gdm3 but deepstream will have issue(I plugined the monitor device)

What do you mean can not login gdm3? system keep in loop when login? i remember you solved login loop issue?

I solved the login loop issue by delete xorg.conf file .But deepstream use the nvidia X system I don‘t know is that alright?
I notice when use the offical driver,that nvidia-smi Show nothing in Processes: Since I delete xorg.conffile and reboot ,the Process: show like the image above.

Yes. you need to use nvidia X system for deepstream use. do not delete this file, you need to solve the issue. try to see log under /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/lightdm/ /var/log/gdm3/, depends on display manager used.

I notice when use the offical driver,that nvidia-smi Show nothing in Processes: Since I delete xorg.conf file and reboot ,the Process: show like the image above.

What do you mean nvidia-smi show nothing in process when use the offical driver? no X process running?
do restart display manager service. gdm3 or lightdm, depends on you used.
Did you install nvidia official driver?

Yes,I installed the offical NVIDIA drvier 470.63.01 and restart the gdm3,still have the
login loop issue.
Sir ,Since I’ve done a lot thing before.Avoiding that interference to you, I reinstalled my system now and will retry install drive. Got the log later!

Sir ,here is my log.
Xorg.0.log (27.5 KB)

Seems you are not loading nvidia driver, but nouveau driver.
i remember you use run file to install, did you disable nouveau driver firstly before install the nvidia display driver?

Yes,I change the blacklist-nouveau.conf with following ,use the offical driver and change BIOS display device with PCIE device
blacklist nouveau
options nouveau modeset=0

How about results of:
lsmod |grep nouveau
lsmod |grep nvidia

Like this,Sir

ok. i am not sure why your system load nouveau driver and nvidia driver both, please check this,
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/470.86/README/commonproblems.html
How do I prevent the X server from loading Nouveau?

I changed my server BIOS config.It seems that the problem has been solved(I will try deepstream sample app to verify). When I redeployed deepstream6.0, the following problems occurred.You know I reinstall the ubuntu system and intstalled Deepstream6.0 follow the official instructions

Can you find this file
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Oct 1 11:05 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so → libcuda.so.1
it’s part of nvidia driver.

Just find 2 file

Make one soft link for libcuda.so.1
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so

1 Like