undefined reference to pghpf_sect1 and pghpf_sect2

PGI Users,

I’m try to build a version of ls-dyna using a custom routine. I have the libraries from ls-dyna which the vendor said were built with PGI for x86-64. When I link my object file with their libraries, I get a bunch of “undefined reference to `pghpf_sect1’” errors. Where is pghpf_sect1 and pghpf_sect2? Why do I see these errors? I’m using pghpf 6.0-1 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux 2.6.9.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You’ll need to build your routine with pgf90 since LS-DYNA was built with pgf90. pghpf uses some internal symbols in objects which are not present when compiling with pgf90.

• Mat

Mat,

I tried to reply earlier, but it didn’t get posted. Anyways, I’ve already tried compiling with pgf90, but I get the same errors. I’m using pgf90 v6.0-1 while the guys at LSTC tell me that the LS-DYNA libraries were built with v5.2-4. Could this be the root of the problem? Maybe there are some options I can pass to pgf90 so that it can find pghpf_sect1?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Yes, 5.2-4 vs 6.0 is the problem. I talked to our application engineer who works with LSTC, and she said that you’ll need to use 5.2-4 until LSTC comes out with a version for use with 6.0.

The good news is that your 6.0 license will work with 5.2. If you don’t have 5.2-4 already installed, you can download 5.2-4 from http://www.pgroup.com/support/download_archive.php. Both versions of the compiler can be installed under the same base PGI directory and you can swtich between the two by passing the “-V5.2”, or “-V6.0” flag to the compiler.

Thanks,
Mat