Unhandled descriptor set followed by segmentation fault

Hi,

I recently installed Isaac Gym (preview 3) and I’m trying to run the included examples. A window appears and the animation seems to run for 1-2 seconds but then I’m greeted with these messages on the terminal:

(isaacgym) nikhil@lambda:~/projects/isaacgym/python/examples$ python 1080_balls_of_solitude.py 
Importing module 'gym_38' (/home/nikhil/projects/isaacgym/python/isaacgym/_bindings/linux-x86_64/gym_38.so)
Setting GYM_USD_PLUG_INFO_PATH to /home/nikhil/projects/isaacgym/python/isaacgym/_bindings/linux-x86_64/usd/plugInfo.json
WARNING: Forcing CPU pipeline.
Not connected to PVD
+++ Using GPU PhysX
Physics Engine: PhysX
Physics Device: cuda:0
GPU Pipeline: disabled
WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
Unhandled descriptor set 433
Unhandled descriptor set 1546124960
Unhandled descriptor set 501
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any pointers to solve this would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @nikhilweee,

Your problem is here:

Your system doesn’t seem to be finding a compatible NVIDIA GPU. You need to make sure you have a Pascal or later generation GPU, and that it’s visible in vulkan-info - there should be some more info on this in the Troubleshooting section of the install.html documentation.

Take care,
-Gav

Hi @gstate

I have the same problem with some of the examples, with other not, I am using a 980ti which I think is in the Maxwell 2.0 architecture, it is listed in vulkaninfo, but it will still not work due to the wrong architecture?

Greetings,
Nic

1 Like

I also need the same problem, how to solve this problem:
Importing module ‘gym_37’ (/home/section/isaacgym/python/isaacgym/_bindings/linux-x86_64/gym_37.so)
Setting GYM_USD_PLUG_INFO_PATH to /home/section/isaacgym/python/isaacgym/_bindings/linux-x86_64/usd/plugInfo.json
Not connected to PVD
+++ Using GPU PhysX
Physics Device: cuda:0
Unhandled descriptor set -1713389888

2 Likes

I have encountered the same problem, may I ask whether the problem has been solved?

I also met this problem. Have you solved it

same problem, I have 4090 laptop, which using Ada Lovelace should be more advanced than Pascal architecture…

Per the documentation, you need to make sure that the device is the default device in vulkan-info:

On systems with integrated Intel graphics, make sure that the NVIDIA GPU is selected. For example, on Ubuntu 18.04, you can run sudo prime-select nvidia. If you have multiple Vulkan devices visible when running vulkaninfo, you may need to explicitly force use of your NVIDIA GPU. You can do this as follows: export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json

You may also wish to disable any integrated GPU from loading its driver.

Take care,
-Gav

hi bro, I have the same question. my device is “ubuntu 20.04.6” “3060 12G” “driver version 535.171.04; CUDA Version: 12.2” ,

WARNING: Forcing CPU pipeline.
Not connected to PVD
Physics Device: cpu
Unhandled descriptor set 23
Unhandled descriptor set 1136766784