Unmapping buffer surface in Python bindings of DS6.0.1

I am developing a computer vision gstreamer pipeline on Jetson Nano using DeepStream 6.0.1 plugins and the pyds Python bindings. Since I need to periodically store frames from the video feed, I use pyds.get_nvds_buf_surface to retrieve the image data. As shown in this forum post, it should be followed (on Jetson platforms) by a call to pyds.unmap_nvds_buf_surface to release the mapped buffer. However, this function is not available in DeepStream 6.0.1 (the last release for Jetson Nano). How can I release the mapped buffer in DeepStream 6.0.1?

You can migrate the python bindings of unmap_nvds_buf_surface from master to v1.1.1, and then recompile and install pyds for DS-6.0.1.

Thanks, I will try this. Is there a particular reason this function is not included in DS 6.0.1, considering it is needed to avoid memory issues?

Seems like following code has been added after v1.1.6 with some comments

https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps/blame/441b50da01779a2afacc60d40cd666d4bdde628e/apps/deepstream-imagedata-multistream-redaction/deepstream_imagedata-multistream_redaction.py#L143

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.