Unoptimal Speedshift with dual Quadro/TB3

System:
Dell Precision 5560 with a core i7-11850H and T1200
Win11 22H2 build 19045.2604
driver: 528.49-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql

everything works fine: CPU clock goes as down as 1.3GHz in idle while connected to a WD19TB dock and 4xDell UP2516D (2560x1440) panels

Enhanced configuration: AKITIO Node Duo Pro with an additional Quadro P620: with the 4xUP2516D connected to the P620; (CPU’s) clock seems to settle at higher frequencies (lowest 1.92GHz) with same settings as previous config: minimum reached valued of 1,80GHz changing Speed Shift EPP from 128 to 224

Not a huge problem but I am curious of understanding if I can reach better (CPU) power performance while using the P620 as I rarely need performance, using it mostly for 2 reasons:
1. Having 10bpc (the T1200 integrated in the system doesn’t drive the monitors). Tests above have been run with default settings (8bpc).
2. being able to use more screens (same reason as above: i7’s iGPU is “limited” to 4 screens)

Apologies if not the best forum to post but I think that was the less worse option :)

Thanks!

Hello @AleTib and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

This category is as good as any I would say.

There is not much from a GPU point of view that you can do here in my opinion. What I rather think is responsible for the change in load is the fact that you have the additional overhead of TB communication to the external PCIe device. Adding that is not “for free” as it utilizes the CPU.

But how exactly that affects the scaling of the Speedshift values I cannot say, that would be someting to ask on an Intel forum maybe.