Unsupported ioctl and target board error with Jetson TX2

The Jetson TX2 is able to be read by USB (according to lsusb showing Nvidia is there) and is in forced recovery mode as there is no visual output. However flashing the TX2 with the sdk manager GUI gives errors that says to make sure the Jetson is able to be read over USB and is in forced recovery mode (which it should be in those modes). Therefore I tried running sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 (according to here: JetPack 4.2 Flashing Issues and how to resolve). However that command yields the following error messages:

###############################################################################
# L4T BSP Information:
# R32 , REVISION: 7.2
###############################################################################
Unsupported ioctl: cmd=0xffffffff8004550f
Error: probing the target board failed.
       Make sure the target board is connected through
       USB port and is in recovery mode.

Which has this Unsupported ioctl error. Was wondering if you guys could please provide some possible fixes to be able to flash the Jetson TX2. Thank you.

hello eleehiga808,

may I know which platform it is; are you working with Jetson TX2 Developer Kits?

Yes I am working with a Jetson TX2 Developer Kit

To use the SDK manager, please have a host PC with native Ubuntu 18.04 OS to install it, then can run it smoothly to reflash you device via the JetPack you selected.

The Windows host computer, Ubuntu WSL, is not capable develop environment for Jetson platform.

See also: Is it possible to factory reset a Jetson TX2 with its bootloader loading a Jetpack SDK SD Card Image - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums