Unsupported target platform

I’m trying to compile a new Windows binary of GAMESS with v 13.4 of the PGI compilers.

During the compilation of the compddi I get the following error:

Compiling common object: std_system.o
pgcc -V -noswitcherror -DLINUX -DWINDOWS -DWINDOWS64 -DOLDDDITIMER -Bstatic -Minform=severe -O0 -I./include -Mmpi=msmpi -DDDI_MPI -DMAX_SMP_PROCS=16 -DMAX_NODES=256 -o std_system.o
-c std_system.c

pgcc 13.4-0 64-bit target on x86-64 Windows -tp nehalem
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2013, STMicroelectronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
PGC/x86-64 Windows 13.4-0
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2013, STMicroelectronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
PGC-F-0249-#error – Unsupported target platform. > (C:/Program Files/PGI/Microsoft Open Tools 11/include\malloc.h: 193)
PGC/x86-64 Windows 13.4-0: compilation aborted
unset echo
Error compiling: std_system.o

DDI compilation did not finish correctly, please fix, and try again

If I drop back to v 12.10 it compiles with no errors. Is this an issue with the compiler or must I go abouts digging in my code for something?

I’m guessing some things must have changed in Microsoft Open Tools 10 vs. Microsoft Open Tools 11 in the malloc.h file.

I’m guessing some things must have changed in Microsoft Open Tools 10 vs. Microsoft Open Tools 11 in the malloc.h file.

Yes. MS added some MS specific things to the new malloc.h that we don’t support. We’re looking into what can be done (tracked as TPR#19256), but the current work around is to not include malloc.h. Unless you are using lower level malloc operations (not recommended), you most likely don’t need to include malloc.h anyway and it’s removal shouldn’t effect the execution of GAMESS.

• Mat