[UPDATE 2/25/2021 to include hand pose] Real time human pose estimation on Jetson Nano (22FPS)

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot the following error on Jupyter notebook when I tried to run trt_pose project?

1. Error: No “trt_pose.coco”
  2. AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
    in ()
    3 MODEL_WEIGHTS = ‘resnet18_baseline_att_224x224_A_epoch_249.pth’
    ----> 5 model.load_state_dict(torch.load(MODEL_WEIGHTS))

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘load_state_dict’

Thanks,
Francis

Hi @jaybdub, this project looks amazing, best pose estimation model on the jetson series thus far!

I would like to train on my own data for this purpose, in your training script train.py, there is a config.json file that is needed to perform training. Could you provide that the config file that you used to train for your model? Thank you!

Hi jaybdub,

I’d like to examine on our own device. The aim of project is human pose estimation just like yours.But also we want to create simulation which replicated the motions of the human in front of the camera Which programs do we have to install to Jetson Nano?

I’m trying to run this on my Geforce 1060 laptop, for this I’m using the PyTorch 20.06 NGC Container. But I’m receiving this error message in the firt cell of live_demo.ipynb.

import json
import trt_pose.coco

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-9d995d854a02> in <module>
      1 import json
----> 2 import trt_pose.coco

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/trt_pose-0.0.1-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/trt_pose/coco.py in <module>
      7 import tqdm
      8 import trt_pose
----> 9 import trt_pose.plugins
     10 import glob
     11 import torchvision.transforms.functional as FT

ImportError: /opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/trt_pose-0.0.1-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/trt_pose/plugins.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: _ZN6caffe28TypeMeta21_typeMetaDataInstanceIN3c108BFloat16EEEPKNS_6detail12TypeMetaDataEv

Thank you, I was looking for this kind of example to get started and I would like to get the key points and coordinates of body joints Is it possible? the idea is to build a system that alert when someone falls or behave unnaturally, if you have any input, please provide.

Thanks.

@pmario.silva Hmm. This looks like perhaps trt_pose was built against a version of PyTorch different from what you’re currently using. I would try uninstalling trt_pose, and re-install from scratch.

@salmanfaris Hi salmanfaris, you can get the 2D body keypoints from the output of the model. Please let me know if you have questions on how to do this. While pose is particularily useful because it’s offers a nice programatic interface (point locations) and also abstracts away the visual variation of different people, sometimes an end-to-end approach, like training a classification model, may be more robust and easy to continually improve. This is particularily true if the problem is visually simple. If you want to learn how to train your own model, I’d check out the JetBot project. I encourage you to explore which fits your application best.

Please let me know if this helps or you have any questions.

Best,
John

1 Like

Were you able to get this working?

Hi, what is the best way to get the 2D body keypoints from the output of the model? Thank you.

Hi jgoldman,

Thanks for reaching out!

This notebook demonstrates how to run the model and draw keypoints.

The 2D keypoints are parsed from the neural network using the “ParseObjects” function. This returns

• object_counts: The number of people per image (Tensor of size (Num Images)
  • objects: An (Num Images)x(Number of People)x(Number of Body Part Types) matrix. The values in this matrix correspond the the keypoint index (see next tensor, and are -1 if the keypoint doesn’t exist for that person)
  • normalized_peaks: An (Num Images)x(Number of Body Part Types)x(Maximum Num Possible Keypoints)x(2) tensor containing the keypoint locations in normalized images coordinates [0,1].

For example, “left_eye” is the keypoint with type index=1. (See this for details trt_pose/human_pose.json at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/trt_pose · GitHub).

To get the left eye for the person with index=0 we would do.

image_idx = 0

if object_counts[image_idx ] > 0:
    # there is an object in the first image
    person_idx = 0
    left_eye_type_idx = 1
    left_eye_idx = objects[image_idx, person_idx , left_eye_type_idx ]
    if left_eye_idx > 0:
        # the person has a left eye
        left_eye_location = normalized_peaks[image_idx, left_eye_type_idx, left_eye_idx, :]  # row, col 
        y, x = left_eye_location[0], left_eye_location[1]
        y_pixels, x_pixels = y * height, x * width

You may find these helpful. Apologies that there isn’t currently a helper function to do this parsing into a more intuitive format.

Please let me know if this helps or you have any questions.

Best,
John

Hi,

Is it possible to parse this trt_pose into deepstream and then overlay the pose on the video stream and output? Then use the key points to identify different scenarios?

Thanks

1 Like

fantastic… can i use this on deepstream??

This was extremely helpful, thank you so much :)
Could you offer guidance on how to use a video as input instead of live camera feed?

Thanks for the code @jaybdub helped me in getting this output. Real time pose detection in Nvidia jetson AGX Xavier - YouTube

2 Likes

HI,
when I run the demo, I’m receiving an error message in the firt cell of live_demo.ipynb .
OSError: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: cannot allocate memory in static TLS block.
Thanks

I’ve the exact same error as 1015180035.
OSError: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: cannot allocate memory in static TLS block

please help.

Hi @jaybdub et al,
We have converted the OpenPifPaf to run on Jetson Nano using TensorRT and we open-sourced it. Here is the article to our work and Github links:

Also our work is highlighted in OpenPifPaf development team at EPFL University.

Thanks,
Reza - Behalf of our team at Neuralet

1 Like

@reza2 very cool! Thanks for sharing this :)

1 Like

we got good results with NVIDIA Jetson devices, probably this could be shared in NVIDIA developer’s blog so other developers can use it. Let me know if you need any content from our team to promote this.
Here is a sample video: OpenPifPaf Pose Estimation Using TensorRT - YouTube

1 Like

Hi

I would like to know how can I increase the resolution. My goal is to detect the pose for a person located 20 - 30 ft away from the camera. It seems the current resolution is not enough so wondering which steps should be followed to increase the image input size.

1 Like

maybe I can resove this question, you can use: export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1 ,if you have good idea,please tell me.

1 Like