Update host machine to Driveworks 4.0

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other (1.7.3.9053)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello everyone,

I am running a Ubuntu 18.04 developer machine with DriveWorks 2.2 installed from a while back, which I now want to update to the newest software versions: DRIVE OS 5.2.6 SDK, DriveWorks 4.0 and DRIVE Software 10.0. However, the SDKManager doesn’t give me the option to install a DriveWorks version other than 2.2. I’ve tried to uninstall for a clean installation, but it would continue to install DriveWorks 2.2. How can I make sure that I am getting the newest versions on my host machine?

Any idea what could cause this behavior would be appreciated.

Best,
nwo

Dear @nwo,
Driveworks is provided as seperate package. Please download DW 4.0 from NVIDIA DRIVE Downloads | NVIDIA Developer after installing DRIVE OS 5.2.6 on host

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

That makes sense, thank you. How would I install the NVIDIA DRIVE perception networks [1]? I think they are not part of DriveWorks and would have to be installed via sdkmanager (NVIDIA DRIVE Software 10.0). In the SDKManager for DRIVE Software 10.0 (rev2) I’m seeing “DRIVE AV on Host” in Version 2.2 together with DriveWorks 2.2. Is this compatible with DRIVE OS 5.2.6 SDK and DriveWorks 4.0 installed via tar file? Do I need two DriveWorks versions?

[1] NVIDIA DRIVE Perception | NVIDIA Developer

Dear @nwo,
If you need to use perception networks, you need to use DRIVE SW 10.0.
DW 2.2 is not compatible with DRIVE OS 5.2.6

Maybe I am just confused with some of the naming here. Below is a screenshot of my SDKManager. I’m installing DRIVE Software 10.0 and it appears to come with DRIVE AV 2.2, which contains the perception networks. It also looks like I’m installing DriveWorks 2.2 this way (I have /usr/local/driveworks-2.2 aferwards). This is in line with the description [1]:

DRIVE Software 10.0 Linux includes DRIVE OS 5.1.6.1, DriveWorks 2.2, DRIVE IX, and DRIVE AV. We recommend you develop using the latest DRIVE OS and DriveWorks available above.

Does this mean I would have to install DriveWorks 4.0 over DriveWorks 2.2 after the installation of Software 10.0?

[1] NVIDIA DRIVE Downloads | NVIDIA Developer

Dear @nwo,
Does this mean I would have to install DriveWorks 4.0 over DriveWorks 2.2 after the installation of Software 10.0?

No. DW 4.0 works over only DRIVE OS 5.2.6 release. If you want DRIVE AV DNNs, you need to stick to DRIVE SW 10.0. If you are using your custom DNNs and wants to get access latest DW release, you need to use DRIVE OS 5.2.6 + DW 4.0

I start to understand, but just be sure: With DRIVE OS 5.2.6 there is no way to use DRIVE AV DNNs such as DriveNet?

If not, is support planned for the future?

No, there is no more major release for DRIVE AGX Xavier.

NVIDIA DRIVE SDK | NVIDIA Developer describes the difference between DRIVE OS+DriveWorks and DRIVE Software. FYI.

That is unfortunate, but thank you for your help and clarifications.

1 Like