Updated Nvidia Omniverse, now my computer stands are going crazy until exiting

Hello,

I’m wondering if there is any one who can help me with this?

I recently attempted to update the Omniverse because it gave me a notification that I needed to update the program.

Now, every time I run it even in the background, it seems to make my system fans go crazy and is taking up my CPU resources. However, when I end the task my computer gets quieter and the CPU is not running at top speed.

Thanks in advance for the help,

@datwood453 i am just a fellow user, what did you update, the OV Launcher or specific OV app? Also, was this not the behavior prior to the update?

I think I updated the core and it used to not be so resource intensive in the background until I updated it. I may have to uninstall it and reinstall it which sucks. I have tried looking through the logs.

just curious - what’s the hardware you are running on?

If you could clarify … are you talking about the Omniverse LAUNCHER or an app like USD COMPOSER ?
Any OV app is very very intensive for both CPU and GPU. I would not attempt to run it “in the background”, because it is a realtime simulation software. It is running all the time, just like an intensive video game. The only thing you can do is with USD Composer, you can minimize it, and that will reduce the load. But again, that is minimizing, not running open in the background.

I’m sorry that it has taken me this long to reply. I have recently acquired a new computer with an upgraded GPU. Previously, I was running it on my laptop which had a RTX 2070i dedicated GPU with. Before I updated the software on my laptop, as I said in my previous post, I experienced no issues when it was just the Omniverse running in the background with no use of the USD Composer. However, after I installed the update for the Omniverse the CPU was running high with just the Omniverse running in the background without USD Composer. I have since uninstalled it on my laptop. I have not installed Omniverse yet on my desktop that has a RTX 4070 graphics card with 8 GB of video memory and an Intel i5 13th generation processor with 32 GB of memory DDR4. I appreciate your feedback.

Yes a laptop 20 series GPU is very low specs for OV