UpdateDeviceList Timeout with Sentech USB3.0 Camera

I’m trying to use a Sentech USB3.0 camera with a Jetson Nano. I’ve installed the SDK for it and ran the provided sample code on my desktop successfully (running the same version of Ubuntu, but AMD instead of ARM), but when running it on the Jetson with the camera plugged in I get this timeout error:

StApi_TL/StInterface.cpp [259]
-1011 = IFUpdateDeviceList(0x0x5579cd3590, 0x0x7fe68186c3, 500)
An operation timeout time expired before it could be completed.

The camera is detected through lsusb. I’ve managed to actually run the software (StViewer) through some tricks; sometimes starting StViewer, then plugging the camera in, and waiting a few minutes will allow StViewer to detect the camera. Sometimes starting StViewer, then plugging the camera in, then starting StViewer again in another terminal will cause the first instance of StViewer to detect the camera immediately.

I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting guides provided and I’m also in ongoing contact with a support rep from Sentech, but I figured I should try to see if I can get some help here also. Since it runs without issue on my desktop I’m wondering if the device list update could be a Jetson-specific thing?

Hi,
By default we support UVC driver for USB cameras. The capture runs through v4l2 interface. We have guidance in FAQ
Q: I have a USB camera. How can I lauch it on Jetson Nano?

Your camera looks unique and requires additional driver. This would need other users to share experience.

Yes, part of the troubleshooting process is making sure that the V4L2 driver is uninstalled/unloaded. This is indeed a unique case, so I’m hoping that someone may have run into the same issues at some point.