usb and type-c ports don't work

Could you share the kernel message with us? You could use a type-c/type A cable connected to Xavier and your ubuntu host and use tools like minicom to dump the UART log.

thanks your reply,just now ,i found a pin bevel to another,i rectify it ,then my keyboard and mouse can use,this is a small thing ,but affect many things,i will remember this experience and be carefully.

Hi,970934239:
I meet the same problem after flash jetson 4.2. Can you tell me while pin you rectify?

I am just guessing, but compare a micro-A and a micro-B (images at wikipedia.org):
micro-A
micro-B

Notice that a micro-B has beveled edges, but the micro-A is rectangular. NVIDIA supplies a micro-B, and this cable is used when the Jetson needs to appear as a device (when Jetson pretends to be something else), while a micro-A is used when the Jetson is a normal host (a keyboard or mouse connecting to the Jetson would use a micro-A…if you want the Jetson to pretend to be a serial port or pretend to be a custom device, then you use micro-B). There is a detect pin which is sometimes used to automatically detect if the cable being plugged in is type-A or type-B.

If you use the wrong cable type, then the keyboard or mouse won’t work because it is like plugging a keyboard into another keyboard…it doesn’t work.

My USB ports stopped working also, but the answer I got was to RMA it. I don’t know if that’s really the problem since both ports stopped working (?)
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1051726/jetson-agx-xavier/usb-stopped-working-all-of-a-sudden/post/5338280/#5338280
Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi xuhui1.wang,

Sorry for late reply. May I know what is error log is? It is no way for us to debug w/o seeing any error log.

Hi, WayneWWW:
Thanks for your replay. It’s my fault that i add i2c driver make the usb i2c disable. Jetpack 4.2 no problem.