USB Boot

Hi,

I have created a USB stick that appears to boot. It appears to go through the mb1, mb2, cboot and boot the kernel and then stops.

However, the configuration steps nor a login prompt appears. I have programmed the USB stick as defined in the instruction from the section called " To set up a flash drive manually for booting" from the following web page:

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/FlashingSupport.html#flashing-to-a-usb-drive

I have a few questions:
Is this the correct procedure?
Should I see a setup/boot prompt?
What version of USB stick should be used? Usb2 or usb3?
Is 16M or 32M better to use?

Thanks
Malcolm

You can also try to use sdkmanager and let it directly flash your usb stick.

Also, please double confirm your jetpack version. If you are not using jp5.0, then you shouldn’t refer to r34.1 document.

I notice some mistake in your comment, for example, jp5.0 does not have cboot anymore. If you see cboot, then it is probably some old verison.

Hi,

We are using JetPack 4.6. Can you point to the instructions for using sdkmanager to directly flash the usb stick.

Malcolm

Please refer to NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features : Flashing and Booting the Target Device | NVIDIA Docs for JP4.6

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.