It does not allow changing speed

On PC side
gtang@ws4:~$ sudo ethtool -s enp0s20u5 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
Cannot get current device settings: Operation not supported
not setting speed
not setting duplex
not setting autoneg

On Xavier side:
nvidia@jetson-0423318029348:~$ sudo ethtool -s usb0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
Cannot get current device settings: Operation not supported
not setting speed
not setting duplex
not setting autoneg

So it is hard to say then what speed USB virtual ethernet has actually chosen. The gadget ethernet interface setup though seems to be probably just to demo using gadget to do this. A real hardware ethernet device typically has an API which allows speed changes, and if the gadget were programmed/configured more completely, then that ability might actually start working. I don’t know enough about ethernet drivers to say if there is any rule about what speed is used when no speed is published and auto-negotiation doesn’t exist. I had hoped that at least on the PC side ethtool would be able to query the speed.

Someone with more knowledge of both ethernet drivers and the gadget interface can probably answer this, but I suspect an answer basically means learning how to build detailed virtual devices with the gadget API. Without a real hardware device responding to ethtool I can’t answer.

Hi

Maybe a SFP+ interface could help you (expensive but…) --> 10gb SFP+ --> PCI-e

This pci-e card works under linux (according to the doc), not really expensive / module SFP+

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/presto10gbesfp.html

ps : this kind of interface produces a lot of heat

Br
Ludovic