USB drive auto-mount is disabled in L4T R32.5.2

Hi,

I noticed that in the JetPack 4.5.1 release the USB drives are not mounting automatically when I insert them.

So I was tried to explore what is going on and it turned out that in the /etc/udev/rules.d/99-nv-ufs-mount.rules file the rules are commented out:

#
# Copyright (c) 2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION.  All rights reserved.
#

# Mount UFS card when detected.
#ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[a-z][0-9]", SUBSYSTEM=="block", RUN{program}+="/usr/bin/systemd-mount --no-block --automount=yes --collect $devnode /media/%E{ID_FS_UUID}"

# Unmount UFS card when removed.
#ACTION=="remove", KERNEL=="sd[a-z][0-9]", SUBSYSTEM=="block", RUN{program}+="/usr/bin/systemd-umount /media/%E{ID_FS_UUID}"

in JetPack 4.4.1 it was not commented out and the auto-mounting was working.

Is there any reason why it was removed? I mean if I want the functionality I can enable back the rules by uncommenting the lines, I’m just wondering what is the reason behind, if there is a trap by enabling them I would not want to fall into that :).

Thanks!

Bests,
Peter

Are you using a system that does not enable ubuntu desktop?

Actually, when jp4.4.1, some users notice their usb drive will be automatically “twice”. And it turns out the desktop shell will mount the usb first and then this script will automatically mount it again.

Thus, since desktop is by default enabled, we remove the auto mount from this udev rule first.

hi,

we are using the system with the desktop environment (however we would remove it just did not had the time for it :D ) but we only use it trough ssh and there is no active GUI session or any display attached at all. So I guess that could cause the phenomena.

I already uncommented this in the rootfs, so after flashing the udev rule works fine. Im wondering if you are planning to completely remove this in the future releases ? (then we would have to bring our own solution not just uncomment a few lines :D )