USB flashing

I’ve broken the usb 0 off my board is there anyway to flash the jetson tx1 with usb1?

The micro-B USB port is the only one which is routed to “device” mode when put into recovery mode. About the best you could do is make a bootable SD card and then use something like rsync for updates…this would work only for rootfs, so if you wanted to do major version changes which alter boot loader itself you’d be out of luck (e.g., you could probably change from R24.1 to R24.2, but going from R23.x 32-bit to 64-bit R24.x would likely fail). In other words there are general update mechanisms for Linux in general which should still work, but flash is not one of them.

Thank you!

I’ll either have to try and repair the board or if worse comes to worse buy a new board. Then i could swap out the module and flash both on the new board.

Did you order your devkit less than 1 year ago? Try contacting RMA Support before you attempt any board repairs yourself (potentially voiding the warranty):

1. Go to NVIDIA Support at http://www.nvidia.com/nvcc/
  2. Select “Live Chat” or "Ask a Question" from the options near the top of the page.
  3. Enter your personal information.
  4. Select the appropriate product from the drop-down list (“Tegra” in this case).
  5. Submit the request.
  6. If the Service agent is unable to resolve the technical issue, an RMA (Return Material Authorization) will be initiated.