DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[*] DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
[*] native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Good day,
I would like to connect a monitor with an HDMI input to the DRIVE AGX ORIN. That’s why I bought 3 different reductions from displayport to HDMI and according to the test:

Philips monitor 499p - not working (DRIVE AGX ORIN no monitor can see it)
Verbatim PMT-14 monitor - not working (DRIVE AGX ORIN no monitor can see it)

Note: if I connect the same adapters to a regular PC that has displayport, both monitors work.

If I try to connect a monitor with displayport input to the DRINE AGX ORIN, then according to the test:

DELL U2412M - works
Philips 499p - not working (DRIVE AGX ORIN no monitor can see it)

I am primarily interested in connecting a monitor with an HDMI input and therefore using the display port reduction to HDMI.
What could be the problem and how to proceed?
Is it possible to somehow set the configuration of the displayport output for DRIVE AGX ORIN, for example by changing the file tegra234_gs.dtsi? And how to change the settings to make it work?

Thank you

Dear @kucerapavel,
Does that mean when connected to dp port on orin, Philips 499p is not working and Dell monitor is working. Am I right?

Yes it’s right.
when I take the displayport cable and plug it into the DRIVE AGX ORIN and plug it into the monitor:
DELL U2412M - works
Philips 499p - not working (DRIVE AGX ORIN no monitor can see it)

But that’s not the main problem for me. As a last resort, I leave it connected to the DELL U2412M monitor.

But the problem I would like to solve is connecting the Verbatim PMT-14 monitor, but it only has an HDMI input. Therefore, I tried several types of reductions from displayport to HDMI, but it did not work either on the Verbatim PMT-14 monitor or on the Philips 499p (it also has an HDMI input). And as I already wrote: if I connect any of the tested displayport to HDMI reducers to a regular PC with displayport output and connect it to Verbatim PMT-14 or Philips 499p through the reducer, it works. Therefore, I assume that there will probably be some problem on the DRIVE AGX ORIN side. But I have no idea if it’s just about some setting, for example, of the tegra234_gs.dtsi file before flashing the system on the target?

Please refer to Restrictions | NVIDIA Docs and make sure you’re using an active DP adapter. The devkit doesn’t support passive DP adapters.

Good day,
Thank you for the important information. It looks like the currently used reductions were passive. I will try to find an active reduction and try it.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.